What we do
The EU REDD Facility supports countries engaged in REDD+ to reduce deforestation and forest degradation through improved forest and land-use governance.
The Facility develops and implements innovative solutions that inform REDD+ and FLEGT policies, support zero-deforestation commitments and promote sustainable supply chains. We collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders in the public and private sectors and civil society organisations to contribute to subnational, national, EU and international policy-making.
Objectives and actions
To support REDD+ countries implementing their Nationally-Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Agreement on climate change, the Facility works on the following topics:
- EU REDD Facility: Strategic orientations 2018-2022
- Making FLEGT and REDD+ work together: Insights and activities 2013-2017
- EU REDD Facility: About our tools
- Deforestation-free commodity trade — Scaling-up implementation with jurisdictions
- Achieving zero-deforestation commitments — Lessons from FLEGT Voluntary Partnership Agreements